Book Repair and Restoration
We have NO minimums for our book repair and restoration services. If you have just one item that you would like us to work on, we would love to fix that old worn treasure or newer binding that just hasn’t held up. As a library bindery, our day to day task is to repair and rebind existing books for libraries. Our job is to bind a book so it will stay together and stand up to the repeated use that library books are subjected to. We will take the exact same care to rebind or repair your book.
Options for book repair or restoration:
- No minimums – we will bind just one book if needed.
- Rebind in entirely new cover – We make a new cover for your book with your choice of cover material and hot foil embossing – possibly the most durable option if buckram is chosen.
- Rebind in entirely new cover, adding “peel & glues” of the old cover – If you want the best of both worlds – new and old. We can rebind in a strong new binding, but then peel the old front, back or spine (or all three) off the old binding and glue that onto the new. You get the strength of a new cover, but the look of what you remember your treasured book to be. Good idea for Mom’s old cookbook or Grandpa’s old dictionary. That have sentimental value in how they looked.
- Rebind in color copy cover – We can take a color copy of the existing cover, laminate it and then use that sheet to cover the new hard cover. This preserves the original details of your cover while giving you a strong new binding. This is normally used on children’s books that have illustrations on the cover. Bring it back to life!
- Restore old cover – If you want the old cover restored, there are a number of options available which can be discussed once we learn of the shape of the cover and exactly what you’re looking for. Feel free to contact us with specifics if you’re interested in this option.
- Full Restoration – We often work on old gothic bibles, plat maps or other ornate books. The pages are brought back together and the cover reassembled and refinished where necessary while keeping as much of the original book’s structure in place.
- Trimming is available if you would like the old pages trimmed slightly to remove old dirt and marks. You may also choose to leave the pages as they are if there are poor margins or if you just prefer its original look.
- Hot foil stamping is available anywhere on the cover, so you can put whatever you desire on it. This could include the original title and author, your name or even a new title such as “Grandma Beyler’s Favorite Cookbook” to actually describe the book’s use – you decide it, we print it!
Options for New Bindings:
Thesis & Dissertation Binding: The finishing touch for theses, dissertations, term papers, doctoral projects, reports and other important scholastic works. Sewn hardcover bindings in your choice of buckram, linen or leather hard covers at a reasonable cost. Individual works or those of an entire class or organization accepted. Isn’t the finest work of your life worth a lasting quality binding? For easy ordering, click on Make-A-Book link at the top of the page. You can choose material, set up text to go on the spine or front and upload your PDF file for printing.
Bind on Demand: (aka Vanity Press or Edition Work). Write and bind your own book to self publish on your own without the restraints or fees of a publisher. Our professional binding adds distinction to all your literary projects. We will print & hardcover bind your personally written book of family history, poetry, stories for a special child or whatever the imagination can come up with! Create the perfect gift for special occasions like birthdays, retirements, weddings, holidays, etc. Just send your individual pages or your .pdf file and we’ll do the rest. Many colors and styles to choose from.
Professional Journal Binding: Add a touch of class to your home, business or office libraries with professionally bound journals. You will keep your magazines organized, convenient and accessible. No more digging through boxes or closets to find that holiday recipe. Bound volumes are also a valued research tool for doctors and other professionals who need quick access to informational articles. Great for hobbyists as well. Bound in durable buckram, imitation or genuine leather with the title, volume and year printed on the spine. Once bound, we will keep the record on file so bindings will match from year to year creating an impressive set of books. For easy ordering, fill out our Magazine/Journals Order Form online and then print to send in with your order.
What is the BEST way to send an order? Just click on Make-A-Book link at the top of the page to build your book NOW! It’s easy and fun to try the different layouts. There are options for all of the above services listed. When done, it will allow you to print a form to send with your existing book, or it will allow you to upload your PDF file for us to print if it’s a new binding.
You may also call 608-221-4443 or email today for an estimate on your book repair or restoration project, or to answer any other questions! When emailing, feel free to attach a few photos of your old book.
If you prefer to just use a printed form, you can click on and fill out any of the following. Note that we are no longer updating these forms with current pricing. For most accurate pricing, use the Make-A-Book link at the top of the page. We also do business “the old fashioned way” – you can just send a letter with your book explaining what you want done and we’ll contact you with an estimate!