Book Repair and Restoration
We have NO minimums for our book repair and restoration services. If you have just one item that you would like us to work on, we would love to fix that old worn treasure or newer binding that just hasn’t held up. As a library bindery, our day to day task is to repair and rebind existing books for libraries. Our job is to bind a book so it will stay together and stand up to the repeated use that library books are subjected to. We will take the exact same care to rebind or repair your book.
Options for book repair or restoration:
- No minimums – we will bind just one book if needed.
- Rebind in entirely new cover – We make a new cover for your book with your choice of cover material and hot foil embossing – possibly the most durable option if buckram is chosen.
- Rebind in entirely new cover, adding “peel & glues” of the old cover – If you want the best of both worlds – new and old. We can rebind in a strong new binding, but then peel the old front, back or spine (or all three) off the old binding and glue that onto the new. You get the strength of a new cover, but the look of what you remember your treasured book to be. Good idea for Mom’s old cookbook or Grandpa’s old dictionary. That have sentimental value in how they looked.
- Rebind in color copy cover – We can take a color copy of the existing cover, laminate it and then use that sheet to cover the new hard cover. This preserves the original details of your cover while giving you a strong new binding. This is normally used on children’s books that have illustrations on the cover. Bring it back to life!
- Restore old cover – If you want the old cover restored, there are a number of options available which can be discussed once we learn of the shape of the cover and exactly what you’re looking for. Feel free to contact us with specifics if you’re interested in this option.
- Full Restoration – We often work on old gothic bibles, plat maps or other ornate books. The pages are brought back together and the cover reassembled and refinished where necessary while keeping as much of the original book’s structure in place.
- Trimming is available if you would like the old pages trimmed slightly to remove old dirt and marks. You may also choose to leave the pages as they are if there are poor margins or if you just prefer its original look.
- Hot foil stamping is available anywhere on the cover, so you can put whatever you desire on it. This could include the original title and author, your name or even a new title such as “Grandma Beyler’s Favorite Cookbook” to actually describe the book’s use – you decide it, we print it!
Options for New Bindings:
Thesis & Dissertation Binding: The finishing touch for theses, dissertations, term papers, doctoral projects, reports and other important scholastic works completed in just 1 week! We also offer faster service when needed. Sewn hardcover bindings in your choice of buckram, linen or leather hard covers at a reasonable cost. Individual works or those of an entire class or organization accepted. Isn’t the finest work of your life worth a lasting quality binding? For easy ordering, fill out our Thesis Binding Order Form 160.39 Kb online and then print to send in with your already printed copies or click the “submit” button to send it as an attachment to an email along with an attachment of your .pdf file if you desire printing also. This form is a good place to get pricing and all the options as well!
Bind on Demand: (aka Vanity Press or Edition Work). Write and bind your own book to self publish on your own without the restraints or fees of a publisher. Our professional binding adds distinction to all your literary projects. We will print & hardcover bind your personally written book of family history, poetry, stories for a special child or whatever the imagination can come up with! Create the perfect gift for special occasions like birthdays, retirements, weddings, holidays, etc. Just send your individual pages or your .pdf file and we’ll do the rest. Many colors and styles to choose from. Call or email today for more information or a quote.
Professional Journal Binding: Add a touch of class to your home, business or office libraries with professionally bound journals. You will keep your magazines organized, convenient and accessible. No more digging through boxes or closets to find that holiday recipe. Bound volumes are also a valued research tool for doctors and other professionals who need quick access to informational articles. Great for hobbyists as well. Bound in durable buckram, imitation or genuine leather with the title, volume and year printed on the spine. Once bound, we will keep the record on file so bindings will match from year to year creating an impressive set of books. For easy ordering, fill out our Magazine/Journals Order Form online and then print to send in with your order.
Call 608-221-4443 or email today for an estimate on your book repair or restoration project, or to answer any other questions!
You can also click on and fill out any of the following order forms to send in with your book and we will contact you with an estimate upon receipt: