We have NO minimums for our book repair and restoration services. If you have just one item that you would like us to work on, we would love to fix that old worn treasure or newer binding that just hasn’t held up. As a library bindery, our day to day task is to repair and rebind existing books for libraries. Our job is to bind a book so it will stay together and stand up to the repeated use that library books are subjected to. We will take the exact same care to rebind or repair your book. With ALL orders, we evaluate the current binding and will re-sew as needed. Sometimes, the existing sewing is fine, but the glue has deteriorated. Then we will glue with PVA – a strong durable glue (we never use hot melts) and reinforce the spine with cloth.
Options for book repair or restoration:
- No minimums – we will bind just one book if needed.
- Rebind in entirely new cover – We make a new cover for your book with your choice of cover material and hot foil embossing – possibly the most durable option if buckram is chosen or you can upgrade and go with genuine leather for that special binding.
- Rebind in color copy cover – We can take a color copy of the existing cover, laminate it and then use that sheet to cover the new hard cover. This preserves the original details of your cover while giving you a strong new binding.
- Rebind in old cover – If you want the old cover restored, there are a number of options available which can be discussed once we learn of the shape of the cover and exactly what you’re looking for. We often add a new spine, then glue the old spine over the new. If old spine is missing, we can typeset a new title on the new spine. Feel free to contact us with specifics if you’re interested in this option.
- Full Restoration – We often work on old gothic bibles, plat maps or other ornate books. The pages are brought back together and the cover reassembled and refinished where necessary while keeping as much of the original book’s structure in place.
- Trimming is available if you would like the old pages trimmed slightly to remove old dirt and marks. You may also choose to leave the pages as they are if there are poor margins or if you just prefer its original look.
- Hot foil stamping is available anywhere on the cover, so you can put whatever you desire on it. This could include the original title and author, your name or even a new title such as “Grandma Beyler’s Favorite Cookbook” to actually describe the book’s use – you decide it, we print it!
Call 608-221-4443 or email today for an estimate on your book repair or restoration project, or to answer any other questions! If sending an email, a few photos of your book will help us to evaluate your needs.
You can also click on and fill out any of the following order forms to send in with your book and we will contact you with an estimate upon receipt: